Text to speech

I am looking into methods in which I will be able to have translated text, go into speech, through the use of text to speech technology. I’m looking at some other apps available on the market, to see how their software works, then I can come up with a  solid idea on how my app work in maybe a similar way. for example I’m currently looking at the app Natural reader. The feature of the app is the read highlighted text in PDF documents, webpages and word documents. this is a widely useable app. I like the apps idea of highlighting text to specific parts to the the user.

I think the way I could include this into my app for example, say you take a picture with your phone, the OCR then translates that text into english, you are then able to high light parts of the text and have it read it to you. You can also have it read the untranslated text in english and the original language. Using the text to speech you will also be able to type out a sentence, then have that text read aloud in a language of your choosing, for people with trouble pronouncing words.

Im also looking into some more OCR technology apps, to go along with my idea of taking pictures and having the text translated for you. I feel as if this will be doable with technology available on on smart phones right now.

https://www.naturalreaders.com/app/

NaturalReader-iOS-Reader